STABILIZED CHLORINATING TABLETS
Each 15 g tablet provides effective chlorine sanitation when used as directed.
Is an effective disinfectant when used as directed.
WARNING: Direct tablet contact may cause bleaching of vinyl, acrylic or synthetic spa surfaces. Automatic feeding devices employing these tablets must be totally free of other spa sanitizers to avoid the probability of explosion.
1. Maintain recommended daily levels as determined by testing kit.
Free available chlorine: 3.0 - 5.0 ppm
pH: 7.2 - 7.8
Total alkalinity: 125 - 150 ppm
Calcium hardness: 150 – 200 ppm
2. Superchlorinate a freshly filled spa by adding 20 g of EXTRA per 1,000 L of spa water. Maintain water circulation for at least 1 hour before entering the spa (always measure your free available chlorine level before using the spa to make sure it falls within the recommended levels). Repeat superchlorination procedure after each use period.
3. If using an automatic feeding device, fill the chamber(s) with EXTRA tablets and adjust flow rate according to manufacture’s recommendations to maintain proper chlorine residual. Adding tablets to the spa’s skimmer basket is an alternative chlorine feed method.
4. Maintain proper chlorine residual by adding10 g of EXTRA per 1,000 L of spa water, daily or as needed.
5. Persistent foam formation, turbid or malodorous water are indicators of inadequate sanitizer levels. To correct such conditions, superchlorinate spa water by adding 30 g of EXTRA per 1,000L of spa water. Maintain circulation for at least 1 hour and wait 4 hours before using (always measure your free available chlorine level before using the spa to make sure it falls within the recommended levels).
6. Note on Superchlorination: EXTRA contains stabilizer (cyanuric acid) which can accumulate in spa water. Use of Spa Tab for superchlorination will raise stabilizer level at a faster rate. Keep stabilizer within the recommended range of 30-100 ppm by dilution with fresh water. Superchlorination with EXTRA will also lower total alkalinity. Make sure that the total alkalinity stays within recommended levels.
7. For proper sanitation, spa must be drained periodically.
Test free available chlorine levels daily.
Maintain a daily free available chlorine sanitizer level of 3 – 5 ppm.
Check tablets regularly to ensure adequate sanitation and disinfection of spa water.
For proper sanitation spa must be drained periodically.